EPC7460BIO - Our ground breaking coating technology with antibacterial qualities, developed together by Bromoco and BioCote®. This virtually invisible retro or factory applied coating is the first of its kind which provides high levels of long term anti-bacterial protection of stainless steel; whilst continuing to provide high levels of protection to the stainless steel surfaces.
How our coating works
The antimicrobial technology is incorporated into our coating as an additive at the time of manufacture. Once incorporated, the antimicrobial additives provide continuous built-in antimicrobial protection for the expected lifetime of the product. The silver ions on the surface of a material treated with antimicrobial additives bind with microbes that come into contact with the surface, disrupting their normal cell function which stops them from reproducing and results in the death of the cell.
Our Antimicrobial Coating provides protection from:
- Electrical insulation (Eliminates Static-Shock)
- Thermal Insulation (Reduces condensation)
- Scratch resistant (7H on pencil scale)
- Enhances finish (Virtually invisible)
- Antibacterial (See tests below)
BioCote antimicrobial additives have been tested and found to perform against a wide range of microbes including bacteria, fungi and viruses. Some of the most common are listed below. Efficacy against all of these microbes can vary and specific data are available on request.
Multi-Drug Resistant Bacteria
ESBL Escherichia coli
CRE Klebsiella pneumoniae
MRSA Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus
VRE Vancomycin Resistant Enterococcus
Clostridium difficile (excluding spore form)
Influenza A H1N1
Antimicrobial COATING Performance
The graph shows, a product treated with Bromoco Antimicrobial coating, the level of bacteria within two hours is reduced by up to 99%. With an 80% reduction in the first 15 minutes compared to an unprotected surface, where they can proliferate at dramatic rates.
Our Antimicrobial technology will
- Make a product more hygienic, if it is likely to host microbes harmful to human health.
- Keep a product fresher for longer, if it likely to host odour-causing or staining microbes.
- Extend the usable lifetime of a product, if it is likely to host microbes which might degrade the surface.
Certificate of Analysis